In January 2010 data M Sheet Metal Solutions opened the doors to its UK office near Wolverhampton, since then data M has been directly supporting companies within the UK roll-forming industry, in the development of their products, people, processes, tooling and choice of roll-forming software solutions right on their doorstep! Conveniently located just off Junction 11 of the M6, in the UK’s roll-forming heartlands, the UK office has quickly become the hub for UK based training and seminars.
Being the first organisation people call when they require a roll design, software or training solution, data M, with its global reputation of being the number one roll-forming solutions company, is now playing a key part in the UK roll-forming industry. Using our state of the art roll-forming design and analysis software COPRA® RF coupled with FEA RF and our many years of experience, we are helping companies develop Turnkey roll tooling solutions, develop and invest in their people and product development methods, thus making them more agile and adaptable, by illustrating new and efficient ways of working.
“We have now been supporting roll-forming businesses around the globe for over ten years now, with our roll design services using data M’s software and our knowledge and experiencece of roll-forming spanning many decades, therefore helping organisations to control and reduce not only product development and tooling costs but also time to market. We will continue to use our experience gained both here in the UK and abroad to develop our software, tooling and training solutions for our client base, which we know first hand has helped others not only sustain but also establish some sustainable growth and diversification into other market sectors” states Carl Stephenson, Managing Director of the company.
Why data M UK?
Since our incorporation in 2010, data M (UK) has been extensively offering:
- Roll Design & Analysis Service with the latest state of the art COPRA® RF and FEA RF Software
- Bespoke training solutions in both COPRA® RF and FEA RF Software to the local, North American and European roll forming industries
- Roll design and analysis consultation Services to automotive, construction, thermal panel, oil and gas industries to name but a few
- Project hand-holding and direct knowledge transfer to the client, thus helping develop significant on-site know-how
- Complete project management of design, analysis, roll manufacture and verification of roll tool Sets on behalf of clients
- Roll design training for apprentice and more advanced engineers
- UK based demonstrations of both COPRA® RF and FEA RF Software
- UK based Hotline support for both COPRA® RF and FEA RF Software
Carl Stephenson’s Bio
Prior to joining data M, Carl Stephenson has previously worked within two of the UK’s largest roll forming companies, where he gained his Bachelor of Engineering degree in Manufacturing Engineering and management experience.
During this time he has been involved in the design and development of in excess of 2,000 tool sets and rolled products, of which the vast majority were designed using COPRA® RF technology.
He has also amassed many years of experience in the project management and delivery of roll designs, roll tooling and press tooling alike.
Since joining data M, he has continued to bolster his skill set with the use of the latest versions of COPRA® RF and FEA RF Software, leading to many turn-key projects and solutions being delivered to market.
In his own words, he is a “firm believer that the COPRA® Work-flow is the only and the best approach to rolled profile design and development, if you want to save time and money alike and achieve expeditous return on investment”.